Dynamic Earth explores concepts and terms essential to understanding the climate.
This remarkable mansion offers an intimate look at the life of a privileged family from the Jazz Age through the Second World War. Visit today and enter an enchanting time capsule of a vanished era.
Mr. Vanderbilt’s oceanic expeditions and unprecedented circumnavigations of the globe make it possible for visitors to journey around the planet without leaving Long Island.
The Reichert Planetarium is one of the finest and most advanced in the United States. Visit today and experience seasonal shows and special features for children, family and school audiences.
Whether you’re interested in seeing a beautiful ballet or attending a collectible cars show, the Vanderbilt Museum and Planetarium has events and activities that everyone in the family can enjoy.
Learn more about the many benefits of becoming a supporting member of the Vanderbilt Museum and Planetarium. From unlimited grounds access and tour tickets, to discounts on current planetarium showings.
What’s Playing at the Planetarium
The Planetarium’s William and Mollie Rogers Theater offers all-new programs for visitors of all ages.
Click the links below and check out current attractions. Then stop by for a show and fasten your seat belts for an amazing ride through space!
Journey to the farthest reaches of the galaxy and experience both the awesome beauty and destructive power of Stars.
Elmo and Big Bird live in the US and Hu Hu Zhu lives far away in China, but they see the same stars at night.
This exciting new program presents the latest information about the fascinating, extreme world of black holes.
Upcoming Events at the Vanderbilt Museum
The Vanderbilt provides numerous locations and backdrops rich in ambience, history and elegance:
- Sweeping hilltop vistas of Northport Bay and Long Island Sound
- The glass-walled Northport Porch overlooking the water
- The Marine Mansion Terrace, with the loftiest view of the estate, mansion and bay
- The massive white Celebration Tent on the Great Lawn, overlooking the water
- The intimate scale of the Terrace and reflecting pool overlooking the back lawn and the bay
- The lobby of the “new” Charles and Helen Reichert Planetarium
- The Reichert Planetarium’s 147-seat William and Mollie Rogers Theater, with comfortable, new, ergonomically designed chairs
- The sunny Rose Garden outside the Planetarium
- The splendid courtyard of the 24-room Spanish-Revival mansion
- Also available: Lancaster Room, Curator’s Studio, Wishing Well Garden, the Mansion’s Moroccan Court, two Planetarium classrooms
For more information on site-use rentals, please call 631-854-5568.