Enjoy Waterfront Dinner, Dancing & Music at the Mansion
Singles, couples and groups of friends who have attended the Vanderbilt’s Mid-Summer Night dances over the past four years say these Thursday night events are delightful and great fun.
This summer’s dances begin June 30 and are held on most Thursdays through September 8.
Love to Dance in the Warm Night Air? Want to Learn New Steps?
Held in the Celebration Tent overlooking Northport Bay, these dances often draw between 80 and 100 people.
Dances start at 6:30 with professional instructors teaching the featured dance step for 30 minutes, followed by a deejay playing music for dancing of all types (swing, ballroom, rumba and disco, among others). Evenings include a light buffet dinner from Deli 51 Caterers. The dances are co-produced by the Vanderbilt and C & D Productions, Inc.
- $25 pre-purchase on-line
- $30 at the door
- Season tickets are $180 (for the nine dances)
Schedule with Featured Weekly Dance Steps:
- June 30: Bachata by Alfred Peña of Rhythmology, with a performance by the Rhythmology Kids
- July 7: Swing Dance “East Meets West” by Ed and Maria of SDLI, and Ellen McCreery
- July 14: Argentine Tango by Con Artist of Ballroom Basix, with a performance by Sidney Grant and Claudio Marcelo Vidal
- July 21: Samba by Patti Panebianco, with a performance by Dancing Class Rooms
- July 28: Cha Cha by Antz Joseph
- August 18: Hustle by Donna DeSimone
- August 25: Rumba by Donnie Angeletti
- September 1: Lindy-Hop by Charlie Wood of Ballroom Huntington
- September 8: Salsa by Alfred Peña of Rhythmology