- This event has passed.
June 22, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Vanderbilt Museum once again will offer A Morning for Families – an event exclusively for children and adults with special needs and their families – on Saturday, June 22, from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm.
Gates open at 8:30 am. Sponsored by Northwell Health. The event is free, but registration is required.
- Open Planetarium – doors remain open while an educator explains the current sky
- Sensory Garden – designed by Pal-O-Mine Equestrian’s J-STEP Program and Gro Girl Horticultural Therapy, the garden is located at the entrance to the Charles and Helen Reichert Planetarium.
- Nature craft with staff from the Suffolk Center for Speech
- Examination of specimens –The Vanderbilt Museum Education Department will have various Museum specimens available, and educators will talk about them with visitors. In the Vanderbilt Mansion Courtyard, visitors can examine natural-history specimens with a Vanderbilt educator.
- Natural history galleries – Visitors may explore natural-history exhibits, and the 18 wild-animal dioramas of the Memorial Wing and Stoll Wing.
- Solar telescope observation session – weather permitting, visitors will be able to view the Sun safely with the Vanderbilt’s solar telescope, in the Rose Garden.