The Spanish Revival Mansion with its 24 rooms was built in three stages from 1910 until 1936. Rooms in the historic house are on exhibit and exemplify the eclectic taste and collecting interests of William K. Vanderbilt II. The mansion was designed by the New York architectural firm Warren & Wetmore, whose Grand Central Station in New York City [1903-13] was designed and built for the New York Central Railroad, one of several Vanderbilt family enterprises. Later additions to the mansion and other estate buildings were executed by architect Ronald H. Pearce, who trained in the office of Warren & Wetmore and continued to make improvements at "Eagle's Nest" after Warren's retirement in 1931.
Click on a photo for an enlargment
Duke and Duchess of Windsor guest room.
The mansion of William K. Vanderbilt II.
View of mansion from the bell tower.
Archway view toward Northport Bay and Asharoken.
Entrance to Mr. Vanderbilt's garage and Turntable Gallery.
Archway view into mansion courtyard.
180 Little Neck Road
Centerport, New York 11721